|Blissful Cranberry Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Blissful Cranberry Cookies
- 4 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup regular vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 scant teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour (7.8 oz)
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries, slightly chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger (use more if you like)
- 9 oz white chocolate, chopped into very small chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter, shortening and both sugars with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat for about 30 seconds. Scrape sides of bowl and beat in salt and baking soda. If using, beat in ginger. Scrape sides of bowl again. Add flour and stir until it is almost mixed in, then stir in cranberries, pecans, white chocolate.
- Drop dough about 3 inches apart (these spread quite a bit) by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake for 12-14 minute or until edges are golden brown. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
- Makes about 30 cookies
- Variation: Cut out the ginger and crystallized ginger and change the pecans to pistachios.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/12/blissful-cranberry-cookies/