|Agave Honey Oatmeal Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 11 mins
Total time: 21 mins
Oatmeal cookies made with agave and honey
- 2 tablespoons lightly beaten egg (approx)
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- 1/8 teaspoon EACH baking soda & baking powder
- 1/4 scant teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix egg, agave, honey, oil and vanilla together in a bowl. Stir very well.
- Combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir very well, then add to agave mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the oats and raisins. Let batter sit for about 5 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon measure, scoop up dough and arrange on parchment lined cookie sheets spacing 2 inches apart. Bake one sheet at a time for about 10-11 minutes. Let cool completely.
Use chocolate chips instead of raisins
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/01/agave-honey-oatmeal-cookies/