|Flying Saucers Oatmeal Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
1952 City School Ranger Cookies (Flying Saucers)
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (8 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 oz unsalted butter, at room temperature**
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1/2 cup coconut (toasted)
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (original recipe used only 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (use more nuts for a less sweet cookie)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine pre-sifted flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda into a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter and both sugars with an electric mixer; Add eggs and vanilla and beat until mixed.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, then stir in oats, cornflakes, coconut, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Scoop up big tablespoons of dough and shape into balls. Place on parchment lined cookies sheets, spacing 3 inches apart, and flatten lightly with palm of hand so they’ll cook evenly.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes or until edges are browned and centers appear set.
**If using salted butter, decrease salt to 1/2 teaspoon
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/02/flying-saucers/