|A Popular Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 18 mins
Total time: 28 mins
Chewy, sweet, chocolate chip cookies adapted from The Great Book of Chocolate. When I make these I use the gram measurements rather than the volume. Like biscotti or other cookies that kind of dry out when cooked at a low temperature, these cookies are crisp throughout when baked for slightly longer. For a chewy cookie, just reduce the bake time.
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) very firmly packed light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) (115 grams) unsalted butter, cold, cut up
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/3 cups (175 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon plus an extra pinch of salt (I used a scant 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- Adjust the oven rack to the top third of the oven and preheat to 300F (150C).
- Cream cold, cut up butter and sugar with an electric mixer. When smooth, beat in the egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- Scrape sides of bowl and make sure salt & soda are well distributed, then add the flour and stir by hand until it has almost disappeared. Add the chocolate chips and toasted nuts and stir until mixed in.
- Shape the dough into 2 inch balls and place about 3 to 4 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets. Press tops down slightly. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until cookies are a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven andlet cool on a wire rack.
For the flour I used the gram amount of 175 grams. The volume amount will vary based on type of flour, humidity and how your scoop.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/03/a-popular-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe/