|Mary K.'s Never Ending Chocolate Cake |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
This is a very moist and heavy chocolate Bundt cake.
- 1 (18.25 oz) devil’s food cake mix
- 1 (3.9 oz) package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 4 large eggs (Hershey's)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, preferably the mini type
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate
- 2/3 c. evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 12 cup Bundt pan with Baker's Joy.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, syrup and eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed until mixed, then increase mixer speed to medium and beat for about 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips and pour into Bundt pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until cake tester comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto cooling rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar for garnish, or drizzle with chocolate glaze.
- Combine chocolate and milk in small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until blended and mixture comes to a boil. Lower heat and cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
This reminds me of the Bundt cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes, although they serve theirs draped with cream cheese icing.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/04/mary-ks-never-ending-chocolate-cake/