|Chocolate Sour Cream Buttermilk Bundt Cake |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
A moist chocolate buttermilk cake that's simple and delicious.
- Flour-Added Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder (natural, not Dutch processed)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 13 tablespoons butter, room temp
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with flour-added cooking spray.
- Combine cocoa, chocolate, and espresso powder in medium heatproof bowl; pour boiling water over chocolate and whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature; then whisk in sour cream and buttermilk.
- In a second bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a standing mixer fitted with paddle, beat butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and add eggs one at a time, mixing about 30 seconds after each egg.
- By hand, stir 1/3 of the flour into batter. Add half of the chocolate/sour cream mixture and stir until incorporated. Scrape bowl and add remaining flour mixture and all of remaining chocolate mixture; Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan. Bake until wooden skewer inserted into center comes out with few crumbs attached, 42-45 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert cake onto parchment-lined wire rack.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2006/06/chocolate-sour-cream-buttermilk-bundt-cake/