Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
A unique oatmeal cookie with ground graham crackers in the dough.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cool room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar (10 oz/280 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 1/1 teaspoons orange juice
- 3/4 cup flour (3.4 oz/95 grams)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 scant teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely ground graham crackers
- 1 cup oats, old fashioned
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries (craisins)
- Optional Topping: Turbinado Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl using high speed of an electric mixer; Beat in the egg, vanilla, orange zest and orange juice.
- In another bowl, thoroughly stir together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir in the oatmeal, graham cracker crumbs and chopped pecans. Stir that mixture into the butter mixture. Stir in the cranberries.
- Shape dough into large balls--about 2 tablespoons each. Dip tops in turbinado sugar if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (up to 15 minutes if you use very generous tablespoons!) or until golden brown. Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes. Then place cookies on wire racks to cool.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/01/cranberry-pecan-cookies/