|Sadie's Peanut Butter Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Sadie's Peanut Butter Cookies
- 4 oz (114 grams) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) non-hydrogenated shortening or lard
- 1 cup (280 grams) peanut butter
- 1 cup (200 grams) brown sugar
- 1 cup (190 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (114 grams) cake flour
- 1 cup (135 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup lightly salted peanuts, chopped – (big handful)
- Cream butter, shortening (or lard), peanut butter, and both sugars together in a mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Beat in the vanilla, followed by the soda and salt – make sure there are no lumps of stray soda. Stir in the cake flour, then stir in the all purpose flour, followed by the chopped nuts.
- Chill the dough for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment if you want.
- Shape dough into large balls (golf ball size) – a little smaller) and place cookie sheets. The cookies spread a bit, so leave room between the balls. Bake for 13 - 15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. The centers may seem a bit underdone at this point, but they will firm up. Let cookies cool on the pan 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
"First United Church, Waterloo, 1942"
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/05/sadies-peanut-butter-cookies/