Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Dense, chewy, not at all cakey.
- 2 cups (280g/10 oz) unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (230 grams) melted, very warm, unsalted butter
- 2 cups packed golden brown sugar (420 grams)
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or bourbon
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips/ chunks
- 1 cup toasted walnuts (optional) – Katy leaves them out
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees F. (176 C). Line a 13x9 inch pan with foil or parchment paper or foil. I used foil and greased only the bottom.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Mix together butter and brown sugar. If you’ve used very hot butter, let the mixture cool for 5 minutes before beating in the egg. With a spoon or whisk, gently beat in the eggs, vanilla and rum. Stir dry ingredients into batter. Let the batter cool down if it is still warm, then stir in the chips and walnuts (optional).
- Spread in pan and bake for about 35 minutes or until pale golden and edges start to pull away from the sides (glass pan at 325 will take about 45 minutes). Let cool completely, then lift from pan and cut into squares.
I almost always use a metal pan, but if you use a glass pan you might want to reduce the heat by 25 degrees.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/05/katys-favorite-blondies/