|White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 13 mins
Total time: 23 mins
White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cool room temperature (4 oz/114 grams)
- 1/2 cup regular vegetable shortening (100 grams)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (145 grams)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (100 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 scant teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour (7.8 oz/225 grams)
- 1/2 cup salted, dry roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 8 oz white chocolate, chopped into very small chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C). Line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter, shortening and both sugars with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat for about 30 seconds. Scrape sides of bowl and beat in salt and baking soda. Add flour and stir until it is almost mixed in, then stir in macadamia nuts and white chocolate.
- Drop dough about 3 inches apart (these spread quite a bit) by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake for 12-14 minute or until edges are golden brown. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
- Makes about 30 cookies
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/05/white-chocolate-macadamia-cookies-3/