|Frog Commissary Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
A recipe that is similar to the one used by Frog Commissary
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (unbleached)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups oats, old fashion or quick (not instant)
- 2 cups chocolate chips (12-oz.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cream the butter and the sugars with an electric mixer until light. Beat in the egg, then the milk and the vanilla extract.
- Stir the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together and gradually stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture until it’s incorporated. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough, making 1 inch rounds, onto the cookie sheet, placing about 1 1/2 inches apart so they have room to spread.
- Bake on center rack for 10-13 minutes, until golden brown at the edges and light golden at the center.
- Cool on baking sheet for at least 1-2 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
These were recommended by my friend Nicole at Baking BItes. She makes a lot of cookies and thinks these are among the best.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/05/frog-commissary-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies/