Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 240 mins
Total time: 4 hours 10 mins
A strawberry cream pie that tastes like a strawberry margarita
- 5 1/2 tablespoons (80 grams) butter
- 1/4 cup (48 grams) sugar
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzels (4 oz/114 grams)**
- 1 lb strawberries, halved (3 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 1 1/2 cups chilled heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in the sugar and crushed pretzels. Press pretzel mixture across bottom and up sides of a greased glass pie plate. Keep chilled until ready to use.
- Make filling: Purée strawberries, zest, lime juice, condensed milk, tequila, and liqueur in a blender or food processor until smooth, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat cream to stiff peaks. Fold one third of cream into strawberry mixture gently but thoroughly to lighten, then fold in remainder in 2 batches.
- Pour filling into crust, mounding it slightly, and freeze, uncovered, until firm, about 4 hours. Remove from freezer and let soften in refrigerator, about 40 minutes, before serving (pie should be semisoft).
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/06/strawberry-margarita-pie/