|Martha Stewart's Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Icing |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 11 mins
Reduced Butter version of Martha's Dark Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 sticks (8 oz) butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces best-quality semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine cocoa and the boiling water, stirring until cocoa has dissolved.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, and salt until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Add melted and cooled chocolate, beating until combined and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Beat in vanilla (if using)
- Beat in the cocoa mixture. If not using immediately, frosting can be refrigerated up to 5 days, or frozen up to 1 month, in an airtight container. Before using, bring to room temperature, and beat on low speed until smooth again.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/06/martha-stewarts-chocolate-chip-cupcakes-with-dark-chocolate-icing/