|Fat & Fudgy Mocha Mint Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Fat, fudgy chocolate mint cookies made with Trader Joe's UFO chocolates (or whatever type chocolate mint you want)
- 1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter (115 grams)
- 5 oz (about 1 cup) Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon espresso powder dissolved in a tablespoon of hot water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons natural cocoa (I think Dutch might make the cookies flat)
- 6 oz mint flavored dark chocolate, chopped**
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. Add chocolate chips, remove from heat and stir until chocolate is melted with residual heat.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, beat the eggs, salt, vanilla and sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer for about 3 minutes or until light and slightly thickened. Beat in the espresso/water, followed by the melted chocolate chip butter mixture.
- Mix together the flour and the cocoa, then add to batter and stir until absorbed. Stir in the chopped mint chocolate. Chill for 1 ½ hours or until dough is thick enough to shape into balls
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper. Scoop dough up by well-rounded tablespoons and shape into 1 ½ inch balls. Bake for 9-12 minutes. Let cool. Dust with powdered sugar IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT. No need. I only did it for the photo.
- Not sure of the yield yet because I haven’t baked them all, but I think it will be around 16 18 cookies.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/07/fat-fudgy-mocha-mint-cookies/