Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Blueberry sorbet with a hint of fresh ginger.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (bottled type works too)
- 3 pints fresh blueberries, cleaned
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Combine the sugar, water and ginger in a medium
- saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer
- for 5 minutes. Let stand until cool.
- Puree blueberries and lemon juice (I did it in a food processor). Strain into a bowl, leaving behind the blueberry and some skin. Discard.
- Combine the blueberry lemon mixture with the ginger syrup and chill until very cold. Freeze in an ice cream maker following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Makes 4 servings (4 scoops)
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/07/blueberry-ginger-sorbet/