|Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Brown sugar and cinnamon rich oatmeal blueberry cookies.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or all purpose (135 grams)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 oz unsalted butter, room temperature (114 grams)
- 1 cup golden brown sugar, packed (215 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove 1 teaspoon of flour from the 1 cup measure and set aside. Mix the remaining flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder together in a bowl; set aside.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar using high speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in the vanilla, then add the egg and beat just until incorporated. Gradually add the flour mixture to batter, stirring just until absorbed. Then stir in oats and walnuts. Toss the frozen blueberries in the reserved teaspoon of flour and stir in the blueberries
- Carefully shape into balls (mine were a little over an inch) and space about 2 ½ inches apart on the parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes (check at 10). Let cool on cookie sheets for about 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/07/blueberry-oatmeal-cookies/