|Chef Kate’s Goop Blondies |
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 26 mins
Total time: 36 mins
Blondies from Goop
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (114 grams)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated cane sugar (72 grams)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, firmly packed (80 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5 ml)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (155 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- About 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped or use 1/2 cup coconut
- About 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or use ½ cup peanut butter chips
- About 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 inch metal pan or line with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl; Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars in a mixing bowl, using high speed of an electric mixer; beat in the egg and vanilla, beating for about 30 seconds or until thoroughly mixed. With a mixing spoon, stir in the flour in 3 parts, being careful not to over mix. When flour mixture is almost incorporated, add the walnuts, chips and marshmallows and continue stirring until all flour is absorbed.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Makes 16 bars
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/07/chef-kate%e2%80%99s-goop-blondies/