|Outrageous Cranberry-Walnut Oatmeal Cookies |
Author: cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
An easy oatmeal cookie
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat or all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts plus 3 T.
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries plus 3 T
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Add oat mixture to butter mixture and stir until partially mixed. Add 1/3 cup nuts and 1/3 cup cranberries and stir until fully blended. Scoop dough up by rounded tablespoons and shape into balls. Flatten slightly. Mix the reserved nuts and cranberries together and press a few gently into the top . Arrange 2 inches apart on cookie sheets and b on center rack for 12-15 minutes, until cookies are golden brown, but still soft. Cool on sheets for a few minutes and then transfer to a rack.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/08/outrageous-cranberry-walnut-oatmeal-cookies/