|Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Brownies with Chocolate Ganache |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
A peanut butter flavored brownies with chunks of chocolate and a chocolate ganache topping
- 8 oz (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut up
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter (weight of 9 oz)
- 2 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (9 ounces) – fluffed up before measuring, don’t scoop or pack**
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks (9 oz)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9 inch metal pan with foil and spray bottom with cooking spray or rub with butter.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. When light and fluffy, add peanut butter and beat until incorporated. Beat in eggs, the egg yolk and vanilla. By hand, stir in the flour and chocolate chips. Spread batter in pan, patting it down flat, and bake on center rack for 35-40 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool completely.
- Make the ganache. **Put the chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl. In a saucepan or in a microwave-safe measuring cup, heat the cream until starts to boil. Pour the cream over the chips and let stand for a minute. Stir well to melt chips; stir in the butter. Spread on cooled brownies and let set.
- Makes 36 bars
For best results, weigh the flour. If you measure by volume, pour the flour in a bowl and stir it so that it is fluffy and not at all packed. Too much flour contributes to dryness.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/08/peanut-butter-chocolate-chunk-brownies-with-chocolate-ganache/