Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
One of my favorite brownie recipes.
- 10 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter (150 grams)
- 5 ounces unsweetened, best-quality chocolate (140 grams)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (2 ml)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (14 oz)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (10 ml)
- 1 cup sifted flour (4 oz/114 grams)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 9 inch square metal baking pan with non-stick foil or line with foil and spray bottom with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low and add chocolate. Stir until melted; set aside.
- Beat eggs and salt in mixer. Add sugar and beat at high speed for about 10 minutes, or until the mixture has more volume. Beat in vanilla
- Add chocolate / butter mixture and beat at very low speed or stir by hand just until mixed. Add flour and stir until there are no more white streaks.
- Pour batter into baking pan and put in oven.
- Immediately turn oven down to 350 degrees F. and bake for 40 minutes. (the normal toothpick test will not work on these brownies, but if you want to try pricking them with a toothpick, it should come out not quite clean.) Do not overbake; these brownies should be fudgy.
- Makes 12 brownies.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/09/art-park-brownies/