Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
My favorite M&M cookie
- 4 oz unsalted butter, cool (114 grams)
- 1/2 cup shortening (96 grams)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (144 grams)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar (100 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour (210 grams) – spoon and sweep
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cups plain M&Ms
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Dough requires chilling, so don’t preheat oven yet.
- Combine the cool butter and shortening in mixer. Beat until creamy. Add both sugars and continue beating on high for two minutes, scraping bowl. Beat in the vanilla and egg. Continue beating for another minute or until fluffy.
- Stir together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add this mixture to the sugar mixture and stir until mixed. Stir in the M&Ms and chocolate chips. Chill batter for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, spacing 3 inches apart and bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheets for about 2 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool.
A mixture of shortening and butter is what gives these cookies their light, crispy, texture.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/09/best-yet-mms-cookies/