Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 11 mins
Indoor S’mores are a no-bake cookie made with Golden Grahams cereal.
- 8 cups (10 oz) Golden Grahams cereal
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (12 oz) milk or semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Extra cereal and marshmallows for sprinkling on top
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with nonstick foil or line with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour cereal in a large mixing bowl so that it’s ready to go.
- Heat corn syrup and butter together in a saucepan set over medium. When mixture begins to boil, add chocolate chips, reduce heat to low or turn off completely, stir until melted. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, coating it thoroughly, then fold in the marshmallows, 1 cup at a time. Press mixture evenly into a pan, sprinkling extra cereal and marshmallows on top for contrast, and then let stand until firm – about 1 hour or stick them in refrigerator so they’ll firm up quickly. I did that because I was impatient, and it worked out well. In fact, I liked the bars better cold.
- Slice the bars into big squares. Makes 18 to 24
- You can also halve this recipe and make it in a square pan.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/09/indoor-smores/