Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Don't Cancel Your Flu-Shot Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (10.1 ounces)
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt (I used ½)
- 4 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar (220 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk molasses
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 raisins (golden or regular)
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups roughly chopped walnuts, toasted
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in a bowl and stir well; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the molasses ginger and lemon zest, scraping sides of bowl, then fold in the sour cream.
- By hand or with lowest speed of mixer, stir in the flour mixture.
- Fold in oats and half of the raisins, cranberries and walnuts. Mix the remaining dried fruit and nuts in a small bowl and set aside.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of batter onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Top each with some of the reserved dried-fruit-and-nut mixture and
- chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375. Bake the cookies until dark golden but still soft, 10-12 minutes; cool on a rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/09/flu-fighter-cookies/