|Texas Cranberry Jalapeno Bread |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 70 mins
Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
Cranberry Jalapeno Bread is a surprisingly good quick bread with a little heat to it!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (18 oz)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons mild salsa
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly (increase for more "heat")
- 4 oz regular butter, melted
- 1 bag (12 ounces) cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 large loaf pans or 6 small loaf pans.
- Mix dry ingredients, including nuts, in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients and cranberries in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into the well and fold only until dry ingredients are moist. Mixture will be stiff. Do not over stir.
- Spread into pans and bake 70 minutes for large loaf pans or 30-35 minutes for small loaf pans. Reduce baking time 5-10 minutes for dark pans. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely before wrapping and freezing. Yield: 2 loaves.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/10/texas-cranberry-jalapeno-bread-2/