Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 240 mins
Total time: 4 hours 10 mins
Amanda's French Silk Pie
- 2 sticks regular salted butter (8 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 large eggs, room temperature (pasteurized eggs are an option)
- Whipped cream or whipped topping
- Have ready a fully baked pie crust.
- Beat sugar and butter for 10 to 15 minutes using the whisk attachment of a stand mixer. The goal is to make it less grainy. Even after 15 minutes, mine was still slightly grainy, but it smoothed out after adding the eggs.
- Beat in the chocolate and vanilla, then add two of the eggs and beat for another 5 minutes. Add two more eggs and beat for 5 minutes. Pour into cooled pie crust. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Before serving, top with whipped cream and a little grated chocolate.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/10/amandas-french-silk-pie/