|White Chocolate Ribbon Pumpkin Cake With Maple Glaze |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 55 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
A pumpkin Bundt cake with a tunnel of white chocolate flavored cheesecake running through the center
- White Chocolate Ribbon Pumpkin Cake With Maple Glaze
- 3/4 cup white chocolate morsels or white chips or 4 oz white chocolate
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (13.5 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 sticks (8 oz) butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Adams vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15-16 oz) can pumpkin
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract (I use the imitation Ma*Pel)
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a large bundt pan or spray with flour added baking spray.
- Prepare filling. Place white chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla into melted chips. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in Adams vanilla extract. Beat in eggs, one by one and continue beating on high speed of electric mixer for 1 minute or until mixture is light. Stir in pumpkin. By hand or using low speed of mixer, stir flour mixture.
- Pour about one third of the pumpkin batter into bundt pan. Pour white filling over pumpkin batter, keeping white batter away from sides of pan as much as possible. Pour remaining pumpkin batter over white batter.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes; Turn from pan. Let cake cool completely before glazing.
- Prepare glaze. Stir together sifted powdered sugar, maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of cream and salt. Beat until smooth. If glaze is too thick, add remaining tablespoon of cream. Drizzle over cooled cake; Store cake in refrigerator.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/?p=5026