|Morning Glory Muffins -- Jumbo Size |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Jumbo size muffins made with apples, carrots, coconut and nuts.
- 2 cups all purpose or white whole wheat flour (9 oz)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded apples
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8 jumbo muffin tins with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, vanilla, sugar and milk together in a mixing bowl. Add the dry ingredients and stir once or twice (batter won’t be fully blended) then add the apples, carrots, coconut, nuts and raisins.
- Divide evenly between the jumbo tins and bake at 350 F for 32-35 minutes.
- Makes 8
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2009/11/morning-glory-muffins-jumbo-size/