Author: Cookie Madness
Oat and Toffee Grahams
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup salted butter, melted (or use unsalted and add 3/8 tsp )
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and lightly crushed***
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 15x10x1 inch pan with nonstick foil.
- Arrange whole graham crackers in a single layer in prepared pan leaving no gaps.
- Combine oats, sugars, and flour in a large bowl. Stir in melted butter, egg, and vanilla until well combined; spoon over graham crackers and spread evenly to edges of pan to cover graham crackers.
- Bake on center rack for 20-25 minutes or until oat mixture bubbles and is browned on top. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Return to oven 1-2 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate over top to cover. Sprinkle with almonds. Cool in pan on a wire rack. To set chocolate, chill briefly. Grasp foil and lift from pan. Place on a large cutting board and cut into squares with a chef’s knife. These are pretty solid bars, so you may do more “breaking” than “cutting” but you should still be able to make squares.
- Makes about 32
***Spread almonds on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for about 7 minutes or until they start to brown. Let cool.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/01/oat-n-toffee-grahams/