|Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies Made With Coconut Palm Sugar |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Chocolate chip cookies made with coconut palm sugar and whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups (170 grams) whole wheat flour (spoon and sweep)** King Arthur
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon tables salt or Morton Kosher
- 8 tablespoons cold Smart Balance spread, cut up
- 3/4 cup (14o grams) coconut palm sugar (Sweet Tree)
- 1/8 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, grain sweetened or regular
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Have ready a couple of ungreased cookie sheets.
- Stir together the whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat the cold Smart Balance with an electric mixer until creamy. Add sugar and beat for another 2 minutes or until creamy, scraping down sides of bowl. Beat in the vanilla, maple flavoring and egg, beating only for about 30 seconds after adding the egg. By hand, stir in the flour mixture. When flour is almost incorporated, stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts and stir until flour is completely mixed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon, slightly flatten and bake for 9-12 minutes on ungreased cookie sheets.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/01/whole-wheat-chocolate-chip-cookies-made-with-coconut-palm-sugar/