|Quick and Easy Peanut Butter Soy Protein Bars |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 120 mins
Total time: 2 hours 10 mins
Quick and Easy Peanut Butter Soy Protein Bars
- 1/2 cup roasted soybeans (bulk bin)
- 1 cup brown rice crisp cereal
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein (Bob's Red Mill or bulk bin)
- 1 tiny pinch (about 1/8 teaspoon) salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar or evaporated cane juice sugar (bulk bin) or date sugar
- Line an 8 inch square pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Place soybeans in a food processor and pulse to chop. Alternatively, you may leave them whole or crush them slightly in a bag.
- Combine soy beans, brown rice crisp cereal and TVP. Toss with salt.
- In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, brown rice syrup and evaporated cane juice (or sugar). Heat on high in microwave for 1 minute, stopping to stir halfway through.
- Dump crunchy soy mixture into peanut butter mixture and stir until well coated. Press mixture tightly into pan.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm. Score into 8 bars.
- Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 182 Calories; 8g Fat (38.6% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 140mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2006/09/quick-and-easy-peanut-butter-soy-protein-bars/