|Double Chocolate Muffins (Again...Sheesh!) |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Double chocolate muffins made with yogurt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted salted butter
- 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Morton Kosher salt (omit if using salted butter)**
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 generous tablespoon honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup extra dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 500 degree F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Melt the butter in a medium size microwave-safe bowl and set it aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the milk, honey, egg, yogurt and vanilla into the bowl with the melted butter. Scrape the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a wide spatula scraper until mixed – it should be lumpy. Stir in the chocolate chips. At this point, the batter should be thick enough to kind of pile into the muffin cups. It should not be soupy or runny at all.
- Divide the muffins evenly among the muffin cups filling the muffin cups as high as you can. Put the muffin cups on the center rack, close the oven and bake at 500 for about 1 ½ minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F. and cook for another 18-20 minutes at 375 degrees F until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let the muffins cool.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/01/double-chocolate-muffins-again-sheesh/