|Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mint Chocolate Pie |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 240 mins
Total time: 4 hours 10 mins
An easy pie made with Girl Scout cookies
- 1 box Thin Mint cookies (32 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (4-serving size each) Jell-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tub (12 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed, divided use
- Remove 10 cookies and set aside.
- Crush or process remaining cookies, then mix them with the butter. Press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.
- Pour milk into large bowl. Add both boxes of pudding mix and beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick.)
- Spoon out 1 1/4 cup of pudding into another bowl and stir in peppermint extract. Pour peppermint pudding mixture over crust. To remaining pudding mix, add in 1 cup of whipped topping. Spread the pudding/whipped topping layer of the mint layer.
- Chop remaining cookies and combine them with about 2 ½ cups (doesn’t have to be precise) whipped topping. Spread this mixture over the top. The pie might look kind of messy at this point, so clean up the edges.
- Chill for 4 hours or until set
- To garnish, place remaining whipped topping in a plastic zipper bag. Snip off a corner of the bag (about ½ inch up from corner) and squeeze whipped topping around sides decoratively.
- To make thin zig-zags, pour COLD chocolate syrup into a small zipper bag. Snip a very, very tiny cut off the bottom corner and drizzle away!
Cook time = approximate chill time
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/01/girl-scout-cookie-thin-mint-chocolate-pie/