|The Ultimate Black Bottom Cupcake |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
My favorite recipe for cupcakes with cream cheese and chocolate chips
- 16-oz cream cheese, cool room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 tbsp sour cream, room temperature
- 1/3 cup miniature or regular size chocolate chips – or however many you want
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (7.9 oz)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder – Hershey’s Dark
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Add the egg whites and stir or beat on low speed just until mixed; stir in the sour cream and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl.
- In the actual mixing bowl, beat together the oil and sugar. You can do this with a whisk, spoon or hand-held mixer.
- Mix together the buttermilk and vanilla. Add the buttermilk/vanilla mixture and the flour alternately to the sugar/oil mixture. Stir until smooth – be careful not to overbeat.
- Divide the chocolate batter evenly among the muffin tins. Spoon large tablespoonfuls of cream cheese batter over the chocolate batter. You should have some cream cheese batter leftover.
- Bake on center rack for about 25 minutes. Let cool in cupcake pan for 30 minutes and then transfer to the refrigerator to chill. Makes 18
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/03/the-ultimate-black-bottom-cupcake/