Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Brownies made with olive oil
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (at least 70% cacao) chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup (70g) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (70g) almonds, roasted, unsalted -- chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F Line an 8-inch (20cm) square baking pan with foil and spray foil with cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Whisk in the olive oil and set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl using high speed of an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and salt, then fold in the cooled chocolate mixture. Fold in the flour, then gently stir in the nuts. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Mine became aromatic at 20 minutes and at 25 minutes, they had a shiny, dry, slightly crackly top and looked gorgeous. Let cool completely. Cut into squares.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/03/olive-oil-brownies-surpisingly-good/