Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Brownies made with beer.
- 1 cup (4.5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted room temperature butter, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces dark bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup superfine or granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 cups (10 ounces) Guinness Extra Stout beer ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup (about) confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick foil (Reynolds Release)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt until evenly combined.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter, bittersweet chocolate and white chips in a double-boiler over very low heat, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat. Alternatively, you may do this in the microwave, microwaving on high and stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add melted chocolate mixture, beating until combined.
- Beat reserved flour mixture into melted chocolate mixture. Whisk in Guinness stout beer. The batter will seem a bit thin. Drop semisweet chocolate chips evenly on top of batter (some will sink in).
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes on center rack in the oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- Let brownies cool, uncovered, to room temperature. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2007/01/guinness-stout-brownies-2/