Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
An easy King Cake made with canned biscuit dough
- 1 (16 oz) can of biscuits (regular, not the layered kind but the regular). We use "Grands"
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- A few spoonfuls of canned cream cheese frosting (optional)
- Yellow, Purple, Green Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
- Open the biscuits and lay them flat on the foil. Press them into a large circle (about 12 inches) or into a giant rectangle. We've done it both ways.
- Brush the dough with butter, then mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly over dough.Lay babies somewhere on the dough.
- Roll the dough up into a cylinder and pinch as tightly as possible to seal. Shape the cylinder into a circle.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool slightly, then spoon icing over top and let it fall down sides. Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Ready to eat! It tastes best shortly after being made, but also tastes good the next day.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2007/01/easy-mini-king-cake-for-kids/