|Cinnamon Topped Cream Scones |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
An easy scone recipe made with cream
- 2 cups all purpose flour (9 oz)
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, plus more for brushing
- Topping: 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar mixed with ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Gradually add the cream, stirring to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a parchment lined surface and shape into an 8 1/2 inch round. Cut round into 8 triangles.
- Set the triangles on a parchment lined cookie sheet, brush with a little extra cream, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 425 F. for 15 minutes or until done.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/05/cinnamon-topped-cream-scones/