|Lemon Muffins with Pudding Mix |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 17 mins
Total time: 27 mins
- 1 (4 serving size) package instant lemon pudding mix (Jell-O Brand)
- 1 3/4 cup cake flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds (more if desired)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk or test with lemon yogurt (I used milk)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-2 tablespoon grated lemon zest (my friend taste tested and thought 1 was fine)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray 10 muffin cups with flour-added spray (you will have two empty indentations in a 12 cup muffin pan. Fill the two remaining empty tins halfway with water. This helps the muffins bake more evenly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in poppy seeds.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and lemon juice. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and then pour in the melted butter. Using a wooden spoon, stir batter just until combined.
- Evenly divide batter between 10 muffin cups lightly coated with flour-added cooking spray.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs attached. Remove and place pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2007/03/lemon-muffins-with-pudding-mix/