|Bran Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Chocolate chip bars made with All Bran cereal
- 1 1/3 cup All Bran Original cereal
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (4.5 oz) -- fluff and spoon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup extra dark chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9 inch metal pan with foil and spray bottom with cooking spray.
- Stir together cereal, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat oil, egg and sugar together in a large mixing bowl (I did this with a whisk). Stir in vanilla and water. Add cereal mixture, stirring until well combined. Stir in chocolate morsels. Spread evenly in pan and bake for about 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Lift foil from pan, set on a rack and cut into 24 bars.
- Yield: 24 squares
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/05/bran-chocolate-chip-cookie-bars/