|Honey Bear Brownies with Nutella |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Brownies made with honey and topped with chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 scant teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fluffed up and scooped or spooned all purpose flour (2.25 oz)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup Nutella --optional
- 2 ounces good quality semi-sweet chocolate (not chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 inch metal pan with foil and grease foil or line with parchment.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a small bowl using an electric mixer. Beat in the honey and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each egg. Beat in the salt.
- Combine flour and cocoa. By hand (so as not to overbeat), stir the flour mixture into the batter.
- Spread the batter in the pan going all the way to the edges. Bake on center rack for 25 minutes or until brownies test done.
- Let cool completely in pan.
- Carefully lift brownies from pan and trim ratty edges (make sure to taste test. It’s imperative!). Cut in half two make two 9x 4 inch slabs. Spread Nutella over one slab. Stack second slab on top. Set the brownies back in the pan and chill for about an hour – this makes slicing neater.
- With a large knife, slice the brownie slab into 8 squares.
- Set the squares on a cooling rack. Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over but not touching a pan of barely simmering water. With a teaspoon, drizzle the chocolate over the brownie squares. Set the squares on a plate or back in the pan and chill until chocolate is set.
- Makes 8 big ones, or you can cut them smaller.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/05/honeybear-brownies-with-nutella/