Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 240 mins
Total time: 4 hours 20 mins
An easy chocolate cream pie where marshmallows stand in for gelatin
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust, store-bought or home-made
- 1/3 cup milk
- 16 large marshmallows, Jet Puffed!
- 6 Hershey Milk Chocolate Bars with Almonds (somewhere around 9 oz)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a double boiler or a bowl set over a pot of water, combine the milk and marshmallows. Heat, stirring occasionally to mash marshmallows, until marshmallows are partially melted. Add Hershey Bars and stir often until everything is melted. Remove from heat and let cool completely (about an hour)
- In a bowl (preferably metal), whip the cream until fluffy. Stir in the vanilla. Fold the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture, scoop it put all in the pie shell.
- Chill for 4 hours or even better, overnight. If you are using a smallish store-bought graham cracker crust, it may not all
*Homemade Graham Crust: Mix together 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, 6 tablespoons melted butter. Press into a greased 9 inch glass pie plate and bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Cool.
You can use dark chocolate
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2007/05/hershey-bar-pie/