|Banana Butterscotch Bread with Toasted Pecans |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
Banana bread with butterscotch
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour (8 oz)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup butterscotch morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 inch metal loaf pan and dust with flour. If you have some, line the bottom with parchment. This bread is kind of sticky.
- Mix together the flour, soda, cinnamon and salt and set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, beat the sugar, butter and egg. Beat in the bananas, followed by the vanilla and the milk. Stir in all but 2 tablespoons of the pecans and the butterscotch morsels. Sprinkle the pecans on top of the banana bread and bake for 1 hour. After 45 minutes, lay a sheet of foil over the bread to prevent over-browning. Let bread cool in pan on a rack for about 15 minutes, then remove from pan.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/08/banana-butterscotch-bread-with-toasted-pecans/