Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 47 mins
Total time: 57 mins
Citrus almond pound cake made in a food processor.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3.5-ounce almond paste (half a tube)
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed,
- 3 large eggs plus 2 tablespoons of lightly beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups cake flour (3 oz)
- 3/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour small loaf pan (mine was about 8 inches, but a slightly larger one would be okay).
- Put lemon juice, orange juice and 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar in a small saucepan over low heat; cook until the sugar dissolves and remove from heat.
- Put almond paste and remaining 1 cup sugar in food processor and process until well combined; add butter and continue processing until light. With the machine running, add eggs one at a time along with zest and vanilla, and continue to process until smooth.
- Mix the cake flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl, then add the flour, baking powder and salt to the food processor and pulse a few times — just until the dry ingredients are integrated (be careful not to over process, or the cake will become tough). Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake about 47 minutes. WRemove the cake from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Pour the citrus soak (mine cooled into kind of a syrup) over the cake and let it sit for about 30 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the cake releases from the pan easily. Cut into slices.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/08/citrus-almond-pound-cake/