Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Gluten free brownies made with chickpeas
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup agave nectar (or honey)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, cold
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus more if needed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 36 mini muffin cups with paper liners. If you are halving the recipe, use 18.
- Melt the butter in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl for about a minute or until melted and very hot. Add the chocolate and stir until it melts. If it doesn’t melt, microwave butter and chocolate together for another 30 seconds and stir. Stir the cocoa into the melted chocolate mixture.
- In a food processor, puree the chickpeas, agave and salt until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and process until smooth. Pour the chickpea mixture into the bowl of melted chocolate and stir until blended. Make sure it’s sufficiently cool, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into mini muffin cups dividing equally among the 36. Bake at 325 F for 20 minutes or until brownies appear set and a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs rather than batter. Let cool completely.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/09/chickpea-brownie-bites/