|Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Icing |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Icing
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin, not pie filling
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream or milk
- 1/2 tsp maple flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick foil. You can also use regular foil lined with a thin layer of cooking spray.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda and salt in a bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Add pumpkin and stir until well combined. Scrape down sides of bowl. On low speed or using a wooden spoon, gradually add flour mixture from step 2, beating just until blended. Fold in pecans.
- Drop tablespoons of dough about 2 inches apart on to cookie sheets. Bake one sheet at a time for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges start to turn lightly golden. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool.
- Make Icing:: In a small bowl, combine confectioner’s sugar, cream and maple flavoring. Using a small whisk or a fork, blend until icing is smooth and thin enough to drizzle from a fork. Add more cream as needed to achieve the right consistency. Spoon icing over cooled cookies.
- Makes about 4 dozen
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/10/pumpkin-cookies-with-maple-icing/