Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 240 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 4 hours 1 min
A dessert that might remind you of an orange creamsicle.
- 10 Twinkies, halved lengthwise
- (15 oz can of mandarin oranges - optional)*
- 1 3-oz package orange Jell-O
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 3.4 oz package instant vanilla pudding (or French)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup French vanilla liquid coffee creamer
- 1 (12 oz) container non-dairy whipped topping, such as Cool Whip (big tub)
- Arrange the Twinkies cut side up in a 13x9 inch baking dish. If using, lay some drained mandarin oranges over Twinkies. In a bowl, stir together the Jell-O and boiling water. When Jell-O is dissolved, put the mixture in the refrigerator to cool for 10 minutes. To hasten the process, drop in an ice cube - the extra liquid won't hurt anything. In a large bowl, beat together the pudding mix, milk and coffee creamer for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the orange Jell-O/water mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until smooth. Fold in two-thirds of the whipped topping. Spread the orange mixture (pour it, smooth it) over the cut Twinkies. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 6-8 hours. Before serving, spread the remaining whipped topping over the top. Decorate thematically. *Try another fruit!
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2007/06/orange-creme-dessert/