|Chocolate Butterfinger Pie |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 11 mins
Chocolate Butterfinger Pie made with tofu.
- 12-15 Oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (12.6) oz package silken tofu (make sure you use the kind that says Silken)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (divided)
- 1 (12 oz) package chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butterscotch flavored instant pudding OR I think 1 tab. peanut butter would work
- 2 Butterfinger Candy Bars, crushed
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip, thawed (or you can whip 1 cup of cream, of course)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
- Place Oreos in food processor and process into crumbs. Add melted butter. Empty Oreo/butter mixture into pie plate and press into bottom. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Clean food processor bowl and process tofu until it is very smooth. Add 1 teaspoon of the vanilla.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave or over stove. Add melted chocolate to tofu and process until smooth. Spoon into baked pie crust.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and pudding mix (or peanut butter) until creamy and smooth. Fold in crushed Butterfingers. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spoon over center of pie, leaving a border of about 1/2 inch.
- Place remaining whipped topping in a zipper bag, cut off bottom corner, pipe remaining Cool Whip around edges. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Makes 10 servings
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/10/chocolate-butterfinger-pie-2/