Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 600 mins
Total time: 10 hours 10 mins
Waffle batter made with yeast
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm milk (105° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine yeast and 1/2 cup water in a glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine yeast mixture, milk, and next 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cover and chill 8 hours.Whisk in eggs and baking soda.
- Prepare in a waffle iron according to manufacturers directions. I used my little Cuisinart and made each waffle with approximately 1/3 cup of batter. It’s thin, so if you’re using a small waffle iron, pour it on slowly. Makes about 12 waffles (but varies, depending on size of waffle maker).
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/11/make-ahead-waffle-batter/