|Holly Jolly Peanut Butter Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Peanut butter cookies decorated with Christmas colored M&Ms
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (4.5 oz)
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (use 1/4 if using salted butter or spread)
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 -1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (plus another cup of Reese's chips -- optional)
- Handful(s) of holiday M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the peanut butter, butter, and both sugars in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Using lowest speed of mixer or by hand, stir in the flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Form mixture into 1-inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on nonstick baking sheets and flatten with tines of fork in criss-cross pattern. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and centers are still soft.
- As soon as you pull the cookies from the oven, scatter holiday M&Ms on top. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet; transfer to wire racks. Cool completely. Makes about 36 cookies depending on what your idea of a 1 inch ball is.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/11/holly-jolly-peanut-butter-cookies/