|Small Batch Chocolate Éclair Cake |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 300 mins
Total time: 5 hours 10 mins
Chocolate Eclair Cake made in an 8 inch square dish using 1 box of pudding
- 1 (3.4 oz) box of Jell-O instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk (2%)
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip (I usually use a little less than a full tub) or you could use 1 cup whipping cream, sweetened with some powdered sugar
- 1/2 a box graham crackers or however many you need to make 4 layers
- 1 cup prepared chocolate icing – you can make it from scratch or use 1/2 can of store-bought
- With a hand-held mixer or whisk, beat together pudding mix and milk for about 2 minutes. Pudding should start to thicken. Fold in a little over half the tub of the whipped topping or freshly whipped cream.
- Break the graham crackers into squares and lay them across the bottom of an 8 inch baking dish. You’ll need to break some of them to cover the bottom of the dish. Spread the pudding mix across the graham crackers. Layer on more graham crackers and more pudding mix twice so that you have a total of 3 layers of graham crackers and three layers of pudding mixture. Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
- Soften the icing. If you’re using canned icing, microwave at 50% power for about 20-30 seconds or until the icing is softened. Pour half the can over the dessert. Chill for at least four hours (preferably longer) or until ready to eat.
Cook time is actually chill time.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/11/small-batch-chocolate-eclair-cake/